Free Shipping & No Taxes
Victron SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controller - 150V - 100 AMP
The SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controller, Model 150V is designed to maximise the available sunlight in your RV, home or off-grid project, providing you with fast charging of your leisure batteries. The ultrafast Maximum Power Point Tracking technology ensures the best possible energy harvest and charging efficiency, even under changing light conditions with low winter sun. Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection ensures maximum energy harvest by measuring voltage and current at all power points on the PV curve. This means valuable power is not wasted on partial charges.
The Victron SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controllers are the most advanced charge controllers on the market. No other charger in this category is as feature-rich, and yet as easy-to meed easy to use. Featuring the fastest Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) algorithm available, and integrating Bluetooth wireless technology, Victron’s SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controller is your ideal power station for larger solar arrays. Uniquely designed with an internal temperature sensor that can be used to compensate absorption.
The Victron SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controller automatically detects and tracks the maximum power point of the PV array, to charge a 12 volt battery at the highest possible voltage and with maximum current. This is important for two reasons: #1 It will result in a greater overall charge into your battery. When you need maximum current you’ll get it. No other solar controller on the market will give you this benefit. #2 Battery charging at higher voltages and currents significantly reduces the number of charge
This item ships SAME DAY on weekdays if ordered by 2 p.m. Eastern (if the item is in stock.)
- The built-in bluetooth smart wireless solution allows you to set up, monitor, update, and synchronize your SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT). Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, this ultra-fast MPPT solar charge controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30 percent compared to PWM charge controllers, and by up to 10 percent compared to slower MPPT controllers.
- Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points (MPP) may be present on the power-voltage curve. Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative SmartSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
- Outstanding conversion efficiency, with no cooling fan. The maximum efficiency exceeds 98%.
- Flexible charge algorithm: Fully programmable charge algorithm (see the software page on our website), and eight preprogrammed algorithms, selectable with a rotary switch (see manual for details).
- Extensive electronic protection provides over-temperature protection and power derating when the temperature is high. Includes PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection, as well as PV reverse current protection.
- Internal temperature sensor compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
- Optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth A Smart Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
- VE.Direct For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC or other devices
- Remote on-off, to connect for example to a VE.BUS BMS.
- Programmable relay can be programmed to trip on an alarm, or other events