Free Shipping & No Taxes
Aluminess Roof Rack for Ford Transit 148, High Roof, Extended Chassis — 2015 and newer
Price includes taxes and shipping
Van life wouldn't be complete without surf boards, stand up paddleboards, bikes, camp chairs, and all the other toys so essential to a life on the road. This custom Aluminess roof rack is the perfect way to extend the capacity of your Ford Transit van. Attach cargo boxes, surfboards, bikes, kayaks, or whatever your heart and hobbies like.
This rack is built from rugged powder-coated aluminum and comes in a variety of styles and features. The only way to get more out of — and on top of — your Ford Transit van is to add one of these Aluminess roof racks. Available in basket and touring designs, you also can choose between a slatted floor for lashing down all your toys, or a perforated floor for more of a sun deck vibe.
The Aluminess roof rack for the Ford Transit 148 high roof with extended chassis (2015 and newer) provides high clearance, a large platform, and a comfortable up-top experience. It offers a huge variety of options for carrying cargo on your van. These racks are made from the finest powder-coated aluminum and are engineered to be strong and light weight.
These aluminum Ford Transit roof racks are perfect for carrying cargo boxes, surf boards, or just lounging around and watching the world go by. It is available in two styles, our double loop style (the classic basket style rack) and our touring style (available for high roof only) that has a drop down bar that extends towards the wind shield. The two full flooring options are perforated flooring, which is perfect for lawn chairs and walking around or slats which are great for tying down precious cargo.
Need a ladder? Check out our aluminum driver side ladder for Ford Transit, which is a perfect accompaniment to our roof rack.
Roof Rack Models
Aluminess roof racks are available in two models with two additional options for flooring:
- Double Loop: This is the most popular model. The rack is shaped like a basket to help lash down cargo from all ends and includes a spot in the front to mount lights.
- Touring Style: This model offers a drop-down front pipe for light bars and a tailored look to the sloped roof (available only for Ford Transit vans with mid and high roof chassis).
- Solid Flooring: Constructed with 3-inch wide slats with 2.5-inch gap, this design provides you with the ability to secure items anywhere on the roof rack while still maintaining adequate flooring to allow walking or sitting on the rack.
- Perforated Flooring: This design provides a full support floor while saving some weight over a solid sheet.
- Vent Openings: Whether you have installed a MaxxFan, Fantastic Fan, or an AC unit, we are able to accommodate all types of vent openings in all Aluminess roof racks.
Additional accessories are bolt-on options such as crossbars, boat rollers, and solar panel mounts.
Advantage of Aluminum
Aluminum's combination of strength and light weight makes it a great alternative for off-road applications. The lighter weight help reduce wear and tear on your suspension. And aluminum never rusts, so this van ladder will last and last.
Why is powder-coated aluminum the best choice for your van build?
- It's lightweight – The heavier weight of steel puts an additional load on your brakes, alignment, and suspension meaning lost performance. Aluminum, on the other hand, allows you to get full performance out of your suspension and prevents wear and tear on your alignment, brakes, and tires.
- It doesn’t rust – Aluminum does not rust, and with the tough, attractive, powder-coated finishing your bumper, ladder, storage box, or other van exterior accessory will maintain its finish for years to come.
Aluminess has been in building incredibly sturdy exterior add-ons for van builds since 2008. During that time they have established a solid reputation for manufacturing high-quality aluminum products including bumpers, roof racks, ladders, storage boxes, and other off-road accessories for vans, pickup trucks, and SUVs.