Free Shipping & No Taxes
Aluminess Aluminum Rear Bumper for Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans — 2003 and Newer
Price includes shipping
Storage is a premium when converting a van into your home away from home. If your van is a 4×4, then you also have to compete with a tire that no longer fits underneath your van. With this in mind, the rear bumpers for the Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans are constructed with two swing arms, designed to hold a spare tire rack on the driver side and a storage box on the passenger.
Note: This rear bumper is not compatible with blind spot assist. Sensor holes can be drilled upon request. However, on some models the backup sensors may detected the box and/or tire, in which case the sensor will sound continually while the vehicle is in reverse.
This bumper is available in two options:
With swingout arms. Swingout arms are required for use with Aluminess storage boxes and racks. Whether it’s extra fuel, a generator, or recovery gear that you need, your Aluminess rear bumper is there to help out. Follow this link to view the available storage options.
Just the bumper. This options does not include swingout arms and is not compatible with Aluminess storage racks and boxes
Advantage of Aluminum
Aluminum's combination of strength and light weight makes it a great alternative for off-road applications. The lighter weight help reduce wear and tear on your suspension. And aluminum never rusts, so this van ladder will last and last, just like your Sprinter van!
Why is powder-coated aluminum the best choice for your van build?
- It's lightweight – The heavier weight of steel puts an additional load on your brakes, alignment, and suspension meaning lost performance. Aluminum, on the other hand, allows you to get full performance out of your suspension and prevents wear and tear on your alignment, brakes, and tires.
- It doesn’t rust – Aluminum does not rust, and with the tough, attractive, powder-coated finishing your bumper, ladder, storage box, or other van exterior accessory will maintain its finish for years to come.
Aluminess has been in building incredibly sturdy exterior add-ons for van builds since 2008. During that time they have established a solid reputation for manufacturing high-quality aluminum products including bumpers, roof racks, ladders, storage boxes, and other off-road accessories for vans, pickup trucks, and SUVs.
- 100 Pound Weight Limit On Standard Swing Arm
- 200 Pound Weight Limit On Bike Rack Swing Arm
- 7500 Pound Towing Capacity
- 750 Pound Tongue Weight (weight in the Aluminess storage box counts against the tongue weight)
- 33″ Maximum Tire Size